Life throws twists at you occasionally, lately mine has been health related. I injured a rib/tendon/muscle or something in my chest almost a month ago. Have not been able to work in the shop at all without it immediately burning like fire or causing sharp breath catching pain. Soo……. I started paying more attention to my garden and getting it ready for this coming spring.
During all this down time I did a lot of soul searching about where I’m going with my business and what I want it to do for me. I’ve decided to do away with the website and the online store. They were taking up a lot of time and money with nothing coming back from it. And since I can’t continue to hammer out new products or even the cool ideas I had in my sketch pad, I don’t have items to stock the store. No point in having it.
So….here’s where I stand today… I’ve turned my FB page into my blog. :) Everyone goes to FB. Everyone I know anyway. I’m going to keep sharing all my gardening, healthy eating, and art on my fb page and just start enjoying life. Not stressing over business sales or lack there of. I’m bringing the joy back into my life. Less online, more real time. :)
I hope you’ll continue to enjoy the posts I share on FB. I’ll be deleting this blog soon, More time for the garden. So feel free to come join the fun in FB world.
One social media sight is enough for me.
Love and Light
5 Things you didn’t know about me, unless you’ve met me in person lol.
1. I cuss. Frequently and fluently. Sometimes you just need a little extra umph to say what you mean. I do tame that for events and things in public. :)
2. I hate dressing up, I want to wear holey jeans and ratty tees with my cheap chucks or barefoot. Oddly enough I do love huge long skirts. Go figure. And I want dreads! I seriously love them! Does that make me a “hippie”?
3. I dread public events, talking to people gives me anxiety, don’t like crowds. Now, this does not mean I do not do well at such events. It just means I come home and hide for days afterwards. I would not survive a 3 day festival or event lol. No one would see me for a month afterwards. A trip to the mall is NOT fun.
4. I try to eat healthier but I seriously veg out on chocolate. I know I know. lol. That’s why I don’t ever tell anyone to eat like me. I just say “make healthy choices”. So if I eat salads and healthy all week, yup, I’ve seriously balanced that with a steady supply of chocolate. Kit Kat’s and Hershey kisses with almonds are my fav in case you want to send some my way.
5. I am a gamer. I geek on my xbox 360 when I can’t play in my shop. I am a very mild person but I delight in killing people just because I can on Assassin’s Creed. Shhhhhh don’t tell anyone that. It’s the only place you can kill stupid people and get away with it. haha. Now if you unlike my page I will totally understand lmao, but if you hang around you’ll maybe learn a bit more about me and actually like it. Or not. I promise it won’t hurt my feelings either way.
If your still reading at this point and want to stay up with everything, check out my fb page Centsations
I made these several months back using a tutorial on youtube. It was supposed to be for adding textures to cuffs. I had some scrap copper pipe that was beat up and figured I’d practice on it. Well the results were so pretty I ended up making another one. They are not the same size, about an inch difference but I used them for our closet doors anyway. I love the way they look. I can see these in a kitchen or bathroom. On furniture or breakfast trays. The ideas are endless.
Created using old plumbing pipe. Hammered and textured using different hammers, punches and even nails. Back plates are salvaged copper sheet. Flame painted and edges hammered for detail.
Need some for your home? I can help with that. Email me at email@example.com or Message me at CentsationsbyLoraLee
3 hours of hammering and annealing! First candle holders I’ve ever tried to make like this. I love the way the spiral holds the candle. I love the heart base, but I also want to make some with spirals. I have several ideas sketched out in my drawing journal, I hope to get a chance to play with them this week.
This one has a hammered texture all over it.
This one has a more smooth finish on the top, the heart has a hammered texture.
I’ll be taking some of these with me to the Art Crawl this Feb. Will be fun to attend that and showcase some of my new work.
I’ll have better photos of these soon. It’s supper time here and I am ready for some food!!!